Welcome to the Old School Room website.
Situated between Haworth Parish Church and the Brontë Parsonage Museum the Old School Room is one of the most important historical buildings in the area. Built by Patrick Brontë in 1832 and taught at by all his famous children, it is an integral part of the Brontë landscape/story. Further details are available on our History page.
Since 2011 the Old School Room has been managed by a small charity, made up of local people whose aims are to conserve and maintain the building for future generations, and build on the one hundred and eighty years service to the community the building has already given. For further details, please refer to the dropdown menu provided above, under Details.
The spacious historic hall and fully equipped kitchen are available to HIRE for functions*, meetings, celebrations, displays etc at an affordable rate. For details, please visit our Hire page.
*hirers are required to obtain a drinks/music licence if required